Monday, January 26, 2009

The little boy

Dear Pupu

The man went out of the cafe and continued walking down the street. After walking for awhile, he saw a small boy sitting down on a curb by the roadside. The small boy was crying. The man decided to cheer him up. He quickly went to buy a lollipop and sat beside him.

Man: Hey little fellow. Save your tears. Here, have a lollipop. You should smile.
Boy: *Sob* Thanks mister.
Man: You should be strong. A boy like you should be playing with other kids.
Boy: *Sob* Mister, can I hold your hand?
Man: Uh… Sure.
Boy: It’s been a long time since I felt someone’s hand.
Man: Is that why you’re crying?
Boy: I feel that I have been neglected.
Man: Oh my. That’s not good. Where are your parents?
Boy: All they could do is fight. No one is there when I needed them.
Man: I guess you should ask them to stop fighting. It would be bad if you grow up only having bad memories from your childhood. How about this? I’ll be your friend from now on and play with you everyday.
Boy: Really? Is that true? Are you going to be my friend?
Man: Yeah sure. So smile. The world is beautiful without tears.
Boy: Thanks a lot mister!
Man: I got to get going now. I’ll see you tomorrow again at the same time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home