Godfather
Dear Pupu
As I tried to extend my social network within my own course, I uncovered something shocking. There is actually a so-called 'league' that consists of foreign scholars and some locals. Their only objective is to compete for GPA. They would mug till wee hours everyday and discuss about studies day and night. Currently, their range of their GPA is between 4.7 and 5.0. Not surprisingly, one of them made it to the dean's list.
However, I'm not really disgusted by this part. The real disgusting part is that the guy who made it to the dean's list showed his letter to everyone in the league, claiming that he won the first round of competition. And everytime our test papers were given back, they would compare and agonise about their scores.
I have been overwhelmed ever since I know about the league's existance. Not only that, quite alot of people in my course also studied their tests/exams to every single detail given in the notes. They would keep asking "why? why? why?". Furthurmore, some foreign scholars are able to get their hands on some questions and they won't reveal about the source of questions, especially when the questions appeared in tests.
Entering into this course makes me realise that such sick people exists. Studying in the uni is about interest, not about competing results. I shall dedicate this song to them, not for their fantastic results, but for their sick behaviour. It's called "Speak softly love", from the "Godfather" movie theme song.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home